Monday, September 28, 2009

Sleep

I start school at 9:00AM Monday through Thursday. I get off of work at 12:00AM every night, usually falling asleep around 2 or 3AM. Needless to say, I'm tired. I woke up this morning at approximately 8:25AM to the sound of my brother opening my door. I sat bolt upright when this happened, spitting out the first word that came to mind after reading my clock: "shit". -I usually aim to get up earlier than this - I rolled out of bed, changed clothes as quickly as I could, jumped in the car, and went to class. Class was, as usual, long and mostly boring. The lack of sleep did not help. When both of my classes had finished I met my girlfriend and friend and had lunch. While talking to them about the day I realized something, I could not remember half of what I had learned in the day. I attribute this to the lack of sleep. I am not always so tired, however, so I can safely say that today was the exception. What I have learned, though, is how important sleep can be before class. In fact, the only reason I am writing what I am at the moment is the fact that I'm too tired to figure out what else to write about. In all honesty, I simply want to finish this. I suppose I should apologize for the randomness and lack of enthusiasm in this writing, but I won't, since it probably makes no difference. Sleep is good.

Vocab.
1) Juxtaposition: noun 1) An act or instance of placing close together or side by side, especially for comparison or contrast. 2) The state of being close together or side by side.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/juxtaposition

2) Bourgeoisie: noun 1) The bourgeoisie class 2) (In Marxist theory) The class that, in contrast to the proletariat or wage-earning class, is primarily concerned with property values.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bourgeoisie

No comments:

Post a Comment