Monday, October 5, 2009

My Weekend...Ugh

This last weekend was somewhat eventful so I'll write about it. Friday, the 2nd of October was my birthday. Lucky for me, I was able to avoid work for the day. I went to lunch with my girlfriend at BJ's, ate dinner at home later that evening, and went to Dave and Buster's that night. Nothing particularly interesting happened during Friday. The "fun" occurred on Saturday. Having spent Friday night drinking somewhat heavily, I woke up to the wonderful feeling as if having been spun in circles all night long. I spent most of the day like this, doing what most others do after a night of drinking. The day went by while I sat in bed, dreading work, cursing alcohol, and cursing my inability to stop drinking when I know I should have. By the time I arrived at work, the dizziness had mostly gone away, that is, until my coworkers took it upon themselves to remind me of the night before and everything that had happened. That night, I went to dinner for my Sister's birthday, which just happens to be today, the 5th. Afterwards, still slightly feeling the effects of the night before, I went home, and slept. Sunday went by like any other Sunday, nothing interesting happened other than a few instances at work in which I managed to anger a few of the "customers", something which only served to brighten my day. All in all, a somewhat eventful, and long, weekend.

Vocabulary:
1) psychodynamics: noun 1: The psychology of mental or emotional forces or processes developing especially in early childhood and their effects on behavioral or mental states 2: Explanation or interpretation (as of behavior or mental states) in terms of mental or emotional forces or processes 3: Motivational forces acting especially at the unconscious level
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/psychodynamics

2) hoodwink: transitive verb 1: Archaic: blindfold 2: Obsolete: hide 3: to deceive by false appearance: dupe
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hoodwink

No comments:

Post a Comment