Monday, November 23, 2009

Why couldn't more mornings be like this?

I woke up this morning around 6AM in order to finish a paper due around 10:30AM today. My alarm made the same annoying sound it has made for years. I woke up, hit the snooze button, and fell back asleep. The alarm went off again about 10 minutes later, only this time, I turned the alarm off. Usually when this happens, I end up waking up an hour or so later only to realize that I am going to be late for class. Luckily for me my brain, or something else, did not allow this to happen this morning. I woke up again at 6:30AM and was able to finish my paper just in time to take a shower and leave for class. The title of this blog suggests that my morning was a good morning,, which may seem somewhat perplexing given the information I just stated. But my morning got better. I made it to class on time and sat through a lecture that actually kept me awake for once. I proceeded to my next class, turned in my paper, and sat down, waiting for class to begin. The professor walked in, announced information about our next assignment, then dismissed us. I looked at my watch, it read 10:40AM. Ten minutes of class, and I was already allowed to go home. Now I'm home, finishing my blog for the week, and actually have spare time before work. Why couldn't more mornings be like this?

Vocabulary:

Epidemiology: noun: The branch of medicine that deals with the study of the causes, distribution, and control of disease in populations
http://www.answers.com/topic/epidemiology

Escheated: noun: 1) The reverting of property to the state or some agency of the state, or, as in England, to the lord of the fee or to the crown, when there is a failure of persons legally qualified to inherit or to claim 2) The right to take property subject to escheat Verb 3) To revert to escheat, as to the crown of the state 4) To make an esechat of, confiscate
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/escheated

No comments:

Post a Comment